Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Newest Projects - adding embroidery!

So, when I was a little girl, my mother sat me down and taught me how to embroider. Granted, I hated following patterns, and I thought separating embroidery floss was a complete pain in the rear, but I did learn.

I had picked up a couple of small wooden embroidery hoops on a whim in the craft store, thinking I would do something with them "one day." Well, after making some really cute little flower buttons, I have finally got around to that "one day:"




No Patterns here - just put the linen in the embroidery hoop, loaded up my needle with craft thread (no separating strands for me!) and got to work attaching the buttons and stitching happily away.

2 comments:

MoeArt said...

That's super! VERY clever!

Klymyshyn Design said...

What a wonderful way to bring embroidery into the 21st!