Friday, July 3, 2009

Score!



I've been revamping my art/craft space, and went looking for a new chair today. I found this one at a local thrift store. It was boring and brown - but I made it into the Purple Chair of Awesomeness instead. (Have I mentioned that I may love spray paint just a little too much?)

I also went to a local discount store looking for some ice cube trays, since our fridge's ice cube maker is on the fritz and I can not survive the summer without a big ole glass of ice in my hot little hands! Well, while I was there I found a reasonable priced convection oven! Woohoo! They are ideal for curing polymer clay, since the fan means that the air is circulated throughout the oven and it stays a nice steady, even temperature without hot spots. (Those can lead to scorched and burned clay)

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Love the chair! Now the Purple Chair of Awesomeness will have a Purple Haired Goddess to go along with it! :)

The convection oven sounds like a great score. Will eventually have to get one of those myself!